Sophie la girafe® X GCF Girafe Conservation Foundation
A lovely set containing a Sophie la girafe for baby, and a Sophie la girafe keychain for mom!
Giraffes need our help... now more than ever.
Over the past 30 years, giraffes numbers have declined by almost 30%. There are only 111,000 giraffes remaining in the wild today. To put this into perspective, this means that there is only ONE giraffe for every FOUR African elephants.
It’s time to act!
Since 2021, Sophie la girafe is proud to partner with the Giraffe Conservation Foundation (GCF) to help secure a future for giraffes in Africa. With every set sold, we will donate €1 to help finance the translocation program led by GCF Giraffe Conservation Foundation.
Let’s make sure that future generations will still have a chance to see giraffe in the wild.
This set contains:
- 1 x Sophie la girafe
- 1 x Sophie la girafe Keychain
About Sophie la girafe
Sophie la girafe is the best natural teether for your baby. Made from 100% natural rubber and food quality paint, Sophie la girafe stimulates your baby's five senses. Since 1961, Sophie la girafe has been handmade in France using 14 manual operations. Sophie la girafe is trusted by millions of parents worldwide, and continues to be the best teether for your baby.
Sophie la girafe was conceived by Monsieur Rampeau, who was an expert in transforming sap from the Hevea tree using the rotational moulding of rubber as a toy-making concept. He came up with the idea of designing a toy giraffe, sensing that such an exotic wildlife figure would be the first in the market, and its size and shape would be ideal for the baby's hands to grasp and fit the baby's small mouth. Sophie la girafe, who looks exactly the same as the day she was 'born', went into production on May 25th, Saint Sophie's day, hence her name.
Sophie was an immediate success in France. Young mothers saw straightaway that Sophie was a must-have for their babies when the first signs of teething appeared. By simple word of mouth, the little Giraffe's fame spread. From then on, generation upon generation of children in Europe, have come to love Sophie & her happy sound.
Sophie is still traditionally produced today, by Vulli, which is based in Rumilly in the Haute-Savoie Region of France. She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea Tree. The process of creating her involves more than 14 manual operations and is still a secret, jealously guarded by the company.
- Made of 100% Natural Rubber, it is soft, safe & non-toxic for baby to bite & chew.
- Sophie la girafe is Phthalate-Free with NO Vinyl (no-PVC)!
- Complies with US Safety regulations ASTM F963
- Decorated with non-toxic, food-quality paints.
- Lightweight; well-thought design makes it easy to grasp with their tiny hands.
- Stimulating to baby’s senses with her soft colours & gentle squeak.
- Bumpy head helps soothe sore, teething gums.
- Sophie makes a soft squeak when squeezed - such fun for a baby!
- Slender, flexible & soft - babies love manipulating & chewing on Sophie.
- Hand-made in Rumilly in the French Alps, Sophie la girafe is a classic!
- Age: 0 months and up.
Made of 100% natural rubber and food quality paint
Use a damp cloth to wipe it down while covering the hole of the squeaker.
Do not soak into water or rinse it under tap.
Do not sterilise or put in UV steriliser.